© V.Ravi Kumar. All rights reserved.

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape

Sunday, June 8, 2008

Pahle mere ko ye samajhaa ki... samajhaanaa kyaa hai

This is one of the best comedies of the post-Hrishikesh era. I saw it in Metro theatre in Mumbai, because I was bored and had nothing else to do. Little did I know, that the best events and moments in life are serendipitous – discovered by accident. I have seldom laughed as much in a theatre. I have seen the movie a dozen times subsequently, but I still enjoy watching it. A lot of people say that it was Paresh Rawal through and through. I feel that this movie actually unleashed the comic in Akshay Kumar – till that time he was the ‘Khiladi’ action and romance league. Even Sunil Shetty plays a good foil, to accentuate the humour. This is Priyadarshan’s best Hindi film till date (IMO).

When Raju (Akshay Kumar) and Shyam (Sunil Shetty) are fighting with each other in Baburao Ganpat Apte (Paresh Rawal)’s house, Baburao tries to mediate. Shyam tells him

बाबूभैय्या इसको आप समझा लीजिये
Baburao says ok. Then pauses and turns around and asks Shyam

पहले मेरे को ये समझा, कि इसको समझाना क्या है, वो समझा।
I will have to confirm this, but I think this line first comes in Sholay (Soormaa Bhopaali uses it). But this is so true for all the communication that happens in corporate world. The head honcho tells the others to do something in a vague manner and the guys down the line continue communicating it vaguely. There are so many ‘pehlaa order cancel’s that happen that people are largely confused. So it would be a good idea before you embark on communicating goals down the line to ask the guy above you

पहले ये समझा, कि समझाना क्या है?

No comments:

Post a Comment